Last night I met my schoolmates. Funny to watch how some folks just never changed. If asked whom knows me best, I’d say it’s my buddies from school. We used to play together, fight together, cry together, and even sleep together.
I was touched with Bu Aloysia’s opening prayer. She was one of the toughest, and nobody dared move an inch when she was furious! We just wish we could shrink our bodies to become invisible to avoid her wrath. But her prayer was very moving. She thanked God for both our successes and failures. Because they made us grow.
All this time, I have to admit that I never gave thanks for my failures. In fact, they are so painful that I’d rather erase them from my memories. Yet I also have to admit that those bad mistakes had taught me a few important lessons. At least, they made me promise myself that I wouldn’t make the same mistakes again, ever. Isn’t that step one of learning process?
I also have to admit that those which cannot destroy me make me stronger. I forgot where I got that quote from, yet I know it’s true. I learned the hard way to bounce back as hard and high as the force that throws me down or across the wall. To just suck it up, shake it off, lick my wounds, and trot away. To never show off my pains and sorrow. And, in the same time, to sense it when someone else is going through the same agony. Only then do I understand the importance to just be quiet and let him or her cry on my shoulder. Because in such times, words are useless, or even worse, could potentially make me regret them later on.
I am grateful for everything that has happenned in my life. I know I am blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment