I said yes to Josia when he asked me. No, it wasn’t the question! He asked me whether I’d be interested in leading a tour group. I’d be the right type of person, he said. Me? I asked about three times after a long silence, and I’m sure I looked like a complete idiot. For an over-achiever, and someone who thinks highly of herself, I’d never imagined he’d actually spotted me and had the nerve to ask. What do I know of what this job takes? Yet ‘Sure,” I said, ‘challenge me!’
Actually, you’ll never what you’re capable of doing until after you’ve made the decision to say ‘yes.’ I heard from Oprah Show that in such situation, when you’re scared of what’s going to happen, you need to envision what’s the worst that could happen. You’d lose your job? You’d be broke? Then could you avoid the mistakes which you can’t afford to make.
I think the statement makes sense. When you’ve mapped out your fear with clear and level head, you could see what could happen down the road more clearly. True, there’d probably be unexpected twists and turns and obstacles. The world has the potential to throw you so hard that you could hear your back hit against the wall. But at least you’d walk carefully this time. You’d make plans, strategies, a map, and take inventory of your wheapon, Bible, slingshot, what have you. Then you’d go and face your giant. Then you can give it a good fight. And when it’s over, you could look back and tell yourself: I”ve done it! I’ve been through it, and I’ve made it beautifully! You could convince yourself that it wasn’t that bad at all. It’s all because you were brave enough to say ‘yes’ in the beginning. And then you start to see a bigger mountain to climb….
No comments:
Post a Comment