I took a walk in South Pasadena with Jana and Kristina that Fall evening. The air was chilly, and you can feel the darkness start to fall. Yet I wasn’t scared. I took numerous nightwalk already as a student to know that I should fear those whom I can see more than those who don’t step on earth.
Some Iceberg roses were still blooming. The air was just filled with its sweet, subtle fragrance. Through the windows of those beutiful homes, I could see warm and bright livingrooms and kitchens. I could hear kids practicing piano with some awful tunes.
Then I saw her. This lady with short, blonde hair, wearing jeans and a throwon her lap. She was curling on a couch on her porch with a book in her hands. Obviously, the couch was there for the purpose. There was even a small standing lamp.
I knew I couldn’t stop to savour the sight. But my heart just cried silently right then and there. How I yearn to have a home. Where I can sit and relax and read a book. Where I can be sheltered from the sun and rain and cold nights. Where I can prepare warm meals for my family. Where my family waits for me every evening. Where I can have talks with my husband late after the kids are tucked in beds.
I have a faith, no, a vision, that someday I shall have just that. And until that day comes, I shall wait upon the Lord, untroubled.
No comments:
Post a Comment